Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday, Monday

Happy Monday, Dear Readers! 

Sadly, I only finished 1 out of 3 UFOs this weekend. 

I took a short holiday from Dresden Plates to do the Bear Paw blocks that will offset the design.  Once again, many thanks to the directions at The Quilter's Cache!  It was fun, and I'm starting to get better at HST's (Half-Square Triangles).  I was wishing a little for the Triangle Paper I'd seen at Fat Quarter Shop.  Maybe next time!  So....I did work on my Dresden Plate quilt, just not on the D.P.'s themselves.

Camera is still MIA.  Argh!

I did finish Lover Reborn by J. R. Ward  **SPOILER ALERT!!!**.  I had a hard time with this.  First, let me say that I think Ward is great.  Words of the 4-letter variety aside, she has a wonderful command of sophisticated vocabularly that is refreshing.  You can also tell she really loves her characters and takes pride in doing them each justice throughout her BDB series.  I just have issues with Tohr moving on already, and was never all that excited about No'One.  There was a lot of time spent on Xhex and John Matthew also, which was sort of *meh* for me.  They're great, but I would much rather have heard more from Butch, or V, or Z (who was barely even mentioned).  With a growing cast, I suppose it is increasingly difficult to give each air time. 

My only other complaints are with her publisher.  There were several typos in the Kindle version.  Seriously!  Hire me as your editor, Warden, I've got your back (and an English degree!).  :)  It was also hard to pay almost as much for a Kindle version as the hardback.  Aren't we saving you lots of money on production costs?  At least a little?  Like....more than $1.44/book savings?  No? 

The last 50 pages had me on edge!  Quinn and Blay?  WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN?!?!?!?  Layla?  Wow!  I'm bummed that it will be a year before I get my next fix.  Complaints notwithstanding, I still loved it.  I'm sure I'll read it again.  I'm also sure I will still pre-order her next book and have it read in less than a week, too.  I can't help it.  BDB Junkie = Me.

Hope the rest of your week is delightful!

Cheers,
Dana C.



No comments:

Post a Comment